Canadian Connections is at a critical point in its development. Every day, we take a giant step forward towards creating a safe, supportive environment for our participants in which to succeed.
To make this happen, we are looking for people as excited by our mission as we are, especially those with experience in coordinating people and resources, administration (are you a Google Geek?), and bookkeeping. But if that’s not you, no worries. There are plenty of other ways you can help.
If you have the passion, if you have the drive — join us!
We need Volunteers
If you have a passion for volunteers and volunteering, and truly believe that volunteers can make anything happen, then there is no better role for you.
- Recruit, train, and manage the ultimate Dream Team of volunteers.
- Maintain an up-to-date volunteer database.
- Keep new and existing volunteers informed about the organization.
- Match volunteers to opportunities that suit their skill sets, and ensure they understand their responsibilities and receive the proper training.
Who has an obsession for numbers and keeping meticulously accurate financial records. You? Awesome! Please, be our bookkeeper.
- Assist volunteers with submitting their expenses reports.
- Establish, maintain and balance various accounts using Quickbooks.
- Post journal entries and reconcile accounts.
Inbox Zero isn’t just a fantasy for our ideal Admin volunteer, it’s a reality day in and day out.
- Respond to email correspondence clearly, concisely, and do so in a timely fashion.
- Remain patient throughout those back-and-forth exchanges needed to, for example, schedule a furniture donation.. It’s worth it in the end.
- Use every opportunity to educate the public about Canadian Connections and the various ways they can support our work.
Canadian Connections is 100% volunteer-run. To support our refugee families, however, requires both financial and in kind donations. As a member of our fundraising team, you’ll help:
- Promote awareness of our mission and work.
- Cultivate new fundraising and partnership opportunities.
- Plan initiatives to help us meet financial goals.
- Form strong relationships with donors.
Exercise your leadership skills by heading up any of our service groups, e.g. drive team, furniture team, hotel team, education team.
- Work with key volunteers to plan our services and their activities.
- Work with volunteer coordinator to ensure program tasks are filled.
- Schedule and organize team meetings, keep the troops motivated!
- Stay ahead of the curve. Report problem areas to strengthen our programming.